Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst, Financial Audit
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: London, United Kingdom
Division/departmet: Accounting & Tax
Job title: Group Reporting Manager
Reports to: Group Financial Controller
- Ownership of the interim and annual external reporting processes under IFRS, liaising with senior management and the Board to ensure high-quality production of the glossy accounts as well as internal reporting for strategic planning purposes
- Managed and developed the Group's Finance Reporting team whilst ensuring best practice accounting across the global business and having responsibility for accounting policies and procedures
- Managed highly complex cross-border consolidation, having full ownership of the process and the consolidation system itself
- Responsibility for the internal reporting process including monthly consolidation (SAP) and production of board packs, whilst liaising closely with divisions to ensure timely completion of local results
- Significantly reduced the reporting timeframe for the filing of the group's consolidated IFRS statements
- Acted as key advisor to the business on treatments for new accounting standards and issues whilst being the key contact for the group auditors
- Built strong relationships with senior stakeholders across the business including Tax, Treasury, IR and Strategy, developing the profile and reputation of the Financial Reporting team
Education, experience & qualifications
- Bachelor degree or higher in Finance, Accounting or related disciplines
- Professional Qualification (ACA or ACCA) is essential
- At least 7 years of experience largely gained working on Group Audits of a variety of listed businesses, predominantly FTSE 100 and FTSE 250
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.