Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Wood is leading some of the world's most technically challenging mining and minerals projects across a range of commodities. We have a current opportunity within our Brisbane Mining & Minerals Office, for a suitably qualified Lead Process Engineer to join this innovative team. You will join likeminded, agile industry peers who are highly qualified, experienced and recognised industry innovators to create new possibilities.
As a Lead Process Engineer you will:
- Deliver best practice process designs in accordance with project, time, budget and technical requirements
- Develop innovative solutions to complex process and technical problems for a wide range of commodities
- P l an, execute and analyse metallurgical testwork programs
- P r epare process deliverables such as process design criteria, process flow diagrams, mass and energy balances, equipment sizing, piping and instrumentation diagrams, process control philosophies, operating cost estimates and study reports
- Ensure process designs meet required safety standards and actively p articipate in HAZOP studies and design reviews
- Assist with business development activities and the preparation of proposal documentation
Skills / Qualifications
- Experience with commodities such as nickel, cobalt, copper, lithium and rare earths would be highly regarded, preferably in large concentrator design.
- A minimum of 20 years' resource industry experience with at least 7 years in the mining or minerals processing
- Relevant process plant operational experience
- Excellent organisational, i nterpersonal and communication skills
- S trong analytical, literacy and numeracy skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or as part of a multidisciplinary team
- W ell-developed computer skills and knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and engineering programs
- Experience with metallurgical balancing and simulation software such as SysCAD and/or METSIM would be highly regarded
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you are a suitably qualified Lead Process Engineer looking for a career opportunity without peer, we encourage you to apply.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.