Baker Hughes is looking for a Process Safety Coordinator / Plant Engineer for two chemical blend plants in Bakersfield, CA and Leduc, AB, and one repackaging facility in Taft, CA. Primary duties include optimizing and troubleshooting the production process by (i) gathering production related data and improving SOPs and batch instructions, (ii) serving as the process lead point person for all PMRs and associated MOCs, (iii) providing process justification for capital projects, (iv) assisting in scoping small and larger scale projects for the plant by working with the project engineer to improve the effectiveness of the process safety function, (v) interfacing with other functions to provide effective coordination of metrics, dashboards, functional processes, and cross-functional initiative coordination. Essential Responsibilities:
- Ensure best practices are shared and implemented.
- Drive key process tracking and metrics tracking, including monthly KPI's and semi-annual facility gap closure tracking.
- Lead sites to implement process safety and engineering initiatives as developed by headquarters or customized for each site.
- Provide periodic updates, ensure goals and expectations are being achieved.
- Foster employee engagement and ensure that process and engineering goals and solutions are effectively communicated to employees.
- Integrate the requirements for process safety, operational integrity, mechanical integrity and maintenance to present as a cohesive and comprehensive plan for each plant and communicates across the function in area of expertise.
- Coordinate process hazard analysis revalidation scheduling and employee participation with plant personnel.
- Implement a sustainable and uniform format for developing and updating operating procedures.
- Recommend, develop and implement new production methods, while promoting a working environment that encourages employee involvement to achieve excellence in HSE, customer service, quality, fulfillment, inventory management, and productivity.
- Review PMRs for process capability and manages the PMR process for the facilities.
- Recommend, develop and implement engineering techniques to solve site specific problems.
- Work with minimum supervision, may be assisted by entry or junior level personnel.
- May be the lead engineer on smaller projects with some functional supervision.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience in engineering role and process safety
- Master's Degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college.
- 5 years of related experience in engineering role and process safety.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Experience with principles and applications associated with manufacturing and packaging operations.
- Strong analytical and collaboration skills to lead decision-making processes in a team environment.
- Comprehensive in-depth understanding of complex and highly technical concepts and principles in process safety.
- Strong knowledge of technical concepts in technologies that intersect within process safety.
- Track record of results and exhibits core values: Care, Grow, Learn, Collaborate
Baker Hughes will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the LA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.