Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an Environmental Risk Assessor to join our team in Ontario, Canada.
Key Responsibilities :
- Data evaluation; compilation of physical, exposure, and toxicity information; exposure and risk assessment calculations;
- Perform field sampling primarily involving the collection of soil, groundwater and soil vapor as well as documenting field activities;
- Compile, organize, and evaluate field and laboratory data for incorporation into technical reports; recognize and identify discrepancies in results obtained in such assignments and follow-up with senior personnel to resolve these situations;
- Perform research and prepare portions of project documents;
- May travel to project sites primarily in Ontario;
- Will develop a working understanding of and will apply company, client, and site Health and Safety standards.
Skills / Qualifications
- University degree in Toxicology, Environmental Sciences with a chemistry or biology concentration or related field. M.Sc. is preferred;
- Minimum of four (4) to eight (8) years environmental consulting or related experience;
- Working knowledge of Ontario Regulation 153/04, as amended;
- Experience in the collection of media samples and documentation;
- Must be a self-starter, detail-oriented, and team-oriented, with excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office; aptitude for MS Excel spreadsheets and functions;
- Class G driver's license and access to a vehicle.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.