Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Royal Leamington Spa, England, United Kingdom
Wood works throughout the UK and overseas within a wide range of sectors including Property, Defence, Water, Waste and Energy. Due to expansion of our Sustainable Infrastructure business unit, we are seeking a motivated and ambitious Engineer to join a growing infrastructure team in the Midlands.
We are looking for individuals that have a sound basis of technical skill gained in either a consultancy or design & build contracting environment and now want to enhance and diversify these skills within a growing organization that will support their future development. Ideally you will be working towards Chartership and every assistance will be given to help you achieve this objective at the earliest opportunity.
The position will provide an interesting and varied workload drawing upon your technical, organisational and communication skills and will require a methodical approach to design, plan and manage projects. As a consultancy our main asset is our people and so it is essential that you have excellent verbal and written communication skills to maximize both internal and external work opportunities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Typical duties shall include carrying out feasibility studies, option studies, infrastructure assessments, design calculations, earthworks modelling, drainage assessments, road design and assistance with the general delivery of projects. Specific experience of all or some of the following is desirable:
- Procurement and co - ordination of drainage, utility, and topographical surveys
- Liaising with Clients and interface with internal Project Managers
- Knowledge of SUDS and current drainage design legislation
- Preparation of drainage strategies and an understanding of micro - drainage and drainage design standards
- Drainage design for Private and Adoptable Systems
- Preparation of drawings using AutoCAD or equivalent
- Undertaking Statutory Authority Searches, Liaison, and preparation of utilities strategies
- Awareness of Safety by Design; interface with the Principal Designer and prepare designers risk assessments
- Project Design Management and co - ordination and checking of work produced by other members of the design team
- Writing of utility and drainage inputs into technical reports
Skills / Qualifications
- MEng / BEng in Civil Engineering or other relevant degree level qualification.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Working towards Chartership of a relevant organisation such as ICE / CIWEM
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.