Skills: Civil Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Wood has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Civil Engineer to join our Built Environment, Infrastructure engineering team . Working within various multidiscipline project design teams, you will contribute to the delivery of the civil engineering design content on a range of challenging projects across various sectors including Property, Defence, Water, Highways, Waste and Energy.
We are looking for degree qualified individuals that have a sound basis of technical skill gained in either a consultancy or design & build contracting environment and now want to enhance and diversify these skills within a growing organization that will support their future development.
Typical duties will include field investigations, feasibility studies, option studies, infrastructure assessments, design calculations, earthworks modelling, drainage assessments, road design and assistance with the general delivery of projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Organise and manage site - based investigations and surveys
- Drainage design for Private and Adoptable Systems
- Supporting senior engineers in delivery of design calculations
- Design modelling Using Civil 3D
- Production of CAD drawings to engineering standards and specifications and ensuring design deliverables meet required standards of accuracy and quality. Work typically includes drainage, earthworks, highways, and utility co - ordination
- Undertaking Statutory Authority Searches & Liaison and assessment of utility strategies and diversions
- Work closely with other disciplines on multi - discipline projects
- Provide input to proposals, work scope, work schedule and budget
- Provide support to allow the Principal Designer to carry out their duties
- Prepare Design Risk Assessments
Skills / Qualifications
This role will suit a civil engineer who holds a degree level qualification (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering with post - graduate experience in a relevant role as a civil engineer. Key skills and experience that we are looking for:
- Relevant Engineering degree
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in Civil 3D and Micro - drainage is an advantage but not essential
- Self - motivated with a desire to develop skills and engineering knowledge
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong report writing skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.