Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer, Instrumentation Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for an Instrumentation Technician (Onshore) for a permanent position, located in Aberdeen
The Instrumentation Technician will be responsible for day to day running of workshop area, including production, assembly, manufacturing, repairs, calibrations, and technical / engineering department requirements.
- Manufacture, produce and test products, Strain Gauging, sub assembly process, QA, calibration, repairs evaluation and corrective action.
- Support the Technical department in the development of manufacturing processes (study product requirements; research, design, modify, and test manufacturing methods and equipment); conferring with equipment vendors.
- Analyse and plan workflow, stock, and equipment layout to increase operational efficiency & improve lead times.
- Liaise with clients, suppliers, and manufacturers to co-ordinate technical support, repairs, or installation requests.
- Promote collaborative, solutions-based customer service; pro-actively engage with clients to identify improvements to methods, techniques, and recommending system improvements.
- Regular maintenance of workshop equipment; troubleshoot breakdowns; maintain supplies; preventive maintenance.
- Maintain a high degree of technical knowledge by keeping abreast of technological advances/innovations/changes.
- Coordinate manufacturing, assembly, finishing, packaging and liaise with admin to promptly execute shipping process.
- Positively interact with all departments to optimise company performance, objectives, and financial targets.
- Promote continuous improvement and cost reduction initiatives, maximise productivity through positive work ethic.
- Ensure compliance of departmental processes and procedures including QMS, ISO, SIRA & ATEX.
- Ensure safe working practices in compliance with internal H&S procedures, and client specific site requirements.
- Champion all HSEQ policies / procedures and have the responsibility of Health and Safety Representative.
- Support and coach trainee technicians to achieve competency with a development plan & regular performance reviews.
- Deputise for Operations Manager during periods of absence.
- High degree of technical execution experience.
- Experience in instrumentation technician or electronic technician role including wiring, soldering, testing of instruments/devices, assembly of electronic and transducer-based parts, and calibration of equipment.
- Customer focussed and innovative solutions provider.
- Problem solving approach with a strong drive for efficiency and improving results.
- Excellent organisational, time management & communication skills.
- Positive and willing team player.
- Understand the value of best practices and apply these and other tools to achieve minimum quality standards and to drive business results.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and understand technical documents and wiring diagrams.
- An appreciation and understanding of ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001 & ISO45001.
- Continual drive for to improve on business practices, products, efficiency, and quality.
- Strong customer care / satisfaction ethic.
- Focused on continuous professional development and open to career progression.
- Willing to undertake site work, as required.