Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
Focal point for inspection queries and scheduling of inspection activities. Ensures conformance of materials, purchased parts and manufactured parts in alignment with quality control plans, specifications, processes and standards. Adds value by ensuring products and services are delivered in compliance with customer expectations.
- Unboxing, unwrapping and preparing of items for inspection.
- Execute in process and/or final inspection of materials, purchased parts and manufactured parts to ensure conformance with quality control plan, procedures, documentation and standards.
- Review and ensure manufacturing work orders and associated documentation is completed and processed correctly in a timely and efficient manner.
- Monitor and ensure callibration of equipment, work areas are kept clean and appropriate PPE and best practice lifting practices are adhered to at all times.
- Prioritise inspection activities in alignment with delivery objectives.
- Effectively communicate non conformance issues to engineering / production expedites solutions as necessary to support delivery objectives.
- Attending production meetings.
- Completing of non scheduled urgent inspection tasks withing the completions business.
- Support the QA/QC manager in the delegation and prioritisation of necessary non scheduled inspection activites i.e, In-process inspection, final inspection, hardness and NDE checking.
- Focal point within inspection for writing WPTS Non Conformance Reports for other departments.
- Sourcing and issuing of drawings to inspectors with doc packs for smoother throughput.
- Support the development, maintenance and updating of inspection programs in alignment with manufacturing schedules and priorities.
- Understand quality control plan expectations associated with inspection program activities.
- Min NDT/ NDE/ Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Min 5 years' experience in an inspection role in a similar manufacturing facility.
- Experience in manufacturing workshop processes and controls.
- Competent is reading and understanding engineering drawings, processes and procedures.
- Competent in the use of a wide range of measuring instruments such as thread ring/plug gauges, ball gauges, micrometers, calipers, indicators, profile projectors, and Brinell hardness test equipment as well as CMM equipment.