Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Minden, Nevada, United States
At Baker Hughes, we are building a Talent Community of highly talented and motivated professionals for future job roles. If you match the described job role and are as excited as we are to have you on-board in the future, please hit the apply button to be a part of our Talent Community.
As a member of our talent community, you will be amongst the first to get exclusive news about Baker Hughes, various cool projects we are working on, our employee success stories and new job opportunities you may be interested in.
A Senior Program Manager is responsible for wing-to-wing execution of technical projects to deliver high quality outcomes to internal and external customers. A Program Manager owns all aspects of a program including budgets, schedules, resource plan, execution, cross functional alignment, and release. They work with the cross functional team to ensure an on-time delivery, within scope and budget, and of desired quality. They collaborate at a strategic level with the Product Ownership team to define the scope, requirements, and vision of the product. The Program Manager works to ensure that development processes are followed and improved as needed. The Program Manager is the voice of the project and is responsible for giving updates to key stakeholders.
As aSenior Program Manager, you will:
- Drive on-time, on-budget and on-quality execution of program(s)
- Interact with commercial team to help create future roadmap and assure current execution aligns with vision of the program
- Identify, manage, and communicate program risks
- Create, maintain, and track budget for program(s) and work with PMO leader to create overall company budget plan
- Monitor progress and update key stakeholders with status of program(s)
- Work with Functional Managers to help staff the programs for success
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to organize all aspects of program and assure teams are aligned for target milestones and release dates
- Own and improve development processes and ensure development teams are aligning to existing development process
- Oversee execution by engaging frequently with development teams, technical product managers and project managers, facilitating discussions, and identifying key impediments and risk areas for teams
- Influence decision making and problem solving across cross-functional and development teams
Fuel your passion
- Bachelor's Degree in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in new product development
- 4 years of experience in a leadership role such as Program/Project Manager, Functional Manager, Scrum Master, Team lead, Technical Lead, or Technical Product Manager.
- Excellent communicator, works well in a team environment, appreciates challenges
- Ability to anticipate, break down and solve complex, cross-functional problems
- Strong presentation skills, both oral and written
- Ability to influence through others, building direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
- Interest in developing industry-leading products for monitoring machinery health
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Minden, NV - located next to the Sierra Nevada mountains and a 30-minute drive to Lake Tahoe, the largest alpine lake in North America and world-renowned for its clarity
- Industry experience in rotating equipment, vibration or conditioned monitoring
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle, agile practices like Kanban, Scrum and SAFe.
- Experience in using TFS Suite, Jama, Rally, Microsoft Project or other project management tools
- Exceptional organizational skills, able to manage multiple work streams effectively and provide timely updates
- Comfortable and effective working in new areas that require experimentation, constant change management and rapid problem solving
- Experience working with global and remote teams
- Experience in customer engagements to facilitate requirements gathering
- Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
* Please remember that joining the Talent Community is not an application for any specific job at Baker Hughes but to have the privilege of being considered for an opportunity that suits your profile on priority.