London, United Kingdom
London, United Kingdom
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: London, United Kingdom
Are you looking to take your career in water resource management to the next level? Are you passionate about applying your skills to developing sustainable solutions to water resources challenges for high profile projects both in the UK and internationally? We are seeking to appoint a talented, enthusiastic and committed water resources modeller to support a range of projects undertaken by our Water Management team.
You will also either have some experience of managing projects, or the desire to develop skills in this area. We can be flexible on location in order secure the best person for the job, and can offer locations across the UK, including London, Reading, Bristol, Shrewsbury, Newcastle-upon-Tyne and Glasgow.
Wood's Water Management team, within our Environment and Consents Business Unit, work across a wide range of services bringing together a wealth of staff knowledge and experience in water resources, hydrogeology, water quality, catchment management, hydroecology, hydrology and flood risk. We make a difference to our clients, society and the planet by providing high quality technical services and advice in the UK and internationally to government departments and agencies, IFIs, the water industry, and a wide range of other industrial sectors including power, transport, nuclear, mining, commercial and oil and gas.
You can expect to work across a wide range of water projects, covering water resources modelling, water resources planning and water policy. The role will have a specific focus on existing UK based water companies, but you will have the opportunity to work with a range of clients across a number of sectors. This may include work beyond the UK in the EU and wider international projects.
We require a highly numerate person with strong statistical analysis skills that can be applied to water resources modelling. You will be involved in the build and customisation of water resources models, and run supply and demand scenarios investigating deployable output. You may also contribute to options appraisal, support water resources environmental assessments, and undertake outage analysis. You will have a key role in our team, implementing decision making techniques for water resource planning.
You will work in multi-disciplinary teams providing technical contributions to projects, data and information collection and analysis. You are also likely to be involved in supporting the development of proposals for new projects.
We offer a dynamic, but supportive environment for a motivated and talented individual to fulfil their potential. You would be co-located along with a wide range of other environmental and engineering disciplines in in one of our larger offices.
Wood recognises that their people are central to its success as a business. As a consequence, we are committed to a providing a comprehensive framework for the professional development of its staff, including:
- Access to extensive internal and external training opportunities;
- An Early Careers Network;
- A mentoring programme; and
- Support for gaining chartership through professional institutions.
Fairness, support in development and a safe work environment - these are all of great importance to us. We offer a workplace where people look out for each other, are respected and are recognised, and where people work ethically and safely. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. We truly believe that diversity within our workplace promotes an incredible diversity of ideas. We are happy to consider applicants who are interested in the role on a part-time basis and support flexible working arrangements.
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Experience
- Experience in water resources systems modelling, specifically in Aquator (but others such as PyWR or MISER would be beneficial)
- Experience in water resources planning or water resources modelling as well as analysis through the skilled use of associated tools
- Good understanding of the latest regulatory requirements of UK water resources management including the Water Resource Planning Guidelines
- You may already have gained some experience of the management of small projects, and/ or should have some interest in developing your project management skills
- You should have strong numerate and analytical skills, and be able to apply these to analysing problems and finding solutions to novel challenges
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write high quality concise reports
- Valid UK Driving Licence
- You will have a relevant degree-level qualification, potentially with a further post-graduate qualification
- You will have gained, or be working towards chartership with a relevant professional body
- Demonstrable experience in water resources planning in consultancy, Water Company, Regulatory or Academic fields
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.