Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Designer to assist on various projects for our Mining & Minerals office in Bryanston.
- To provide draughting and design direction and supervision to ensure:
- Drawing accountabilities are met.
- Timely information transfer to other roles / disciplines / department.
- Efficient production of mechanical arrangement drawings from process flow diagrams.
- To work in a safe manner, complying with and actively contributing to the company Health, Safety and Environmental HSE policies, manuals and procedures. At all times considering the health, safety and welfare of fellow workers, visitors, clients, community and the environment.
- Detailed design and production of mechanical drawings encompassing all aspects of a plant construction package in accordance with relevant standards and project requirements.
- Timely completion of mechanical drawings and schedules.
- Update of G.A's regularly with latest vendor data and drawing information.
- Adherence to project man-hour budgets.
- Induction and supervision of designers in the use of company standards and procedures.
- Supervision of designers to ensure project design requirements are followed.
- Inter-discipline drawing checking.
- Coordination of drawing packages.
- Timely transfer of information to other disciplines.
- Development of company standards, drawing procedures, on-line systems and other tasks as agreed with the principal mechanical engineer.
- Training of junior draughtsmen.
- Support other disciplines / division.
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or requisite experience.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Minimum of 10 years mechanical design draughting experience of which at least 5 years are in the mining and mineral processing area.
- Good understanding of mechanical technology.
- Experience with process plant design and layout.
- Broad knowledge / experience in fabrication, construction and operations.
- Well-developed computer skills with a good knowledge of relevant CAD software and a working knowledge of relational databases and spreadsheets.
- Good knowledge of company systems and previous projects (a minimum of 2 years exposure).
- Understanding of other discipline requirements.
- Good checking skills, ability to work unsupervised, focus on task completion, initiative.
- An open mind to new ideas / concepts.
- Good understanding of project process.
- Team management, leadership, motivational and organisational skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.