Skills: Project Management, Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood has an immediate requirement for an Engagement Lead to join our Energy, Optimisation and Innovation team based centrally in our Perth CBD office.
Reporting to the Senior Regional Manager APAC, our successful candidate will join an assembly of selected global talent that powers successful digital transformation in a practical and tangible way.
We are looking for individuals who will value and thrive when working closely with clients, and our best global business, digital and deep domain experts to drive tangible outcomes.
About the role:
- You will typically lead a client project team of 5 - 8 business, digital and deep domain experts focusing on rapid and sustained value delivery in maintenance, production, reliability, inventory and emissions
- Our final deliverables and artefacts gravitate toward providing software solutions including artificial intelligence and physics models that continuously look to add value through operations
- You will lead the day to day execution of a client project while guiding and developing individual team members. Working directly with clients, you'll take ownership of the overall project and its end products. You will make an important contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results.
- You will have the opportunity to build on your existing leadership skills and leverage your interest in inspiring others, building strong relationships and creating a true follower-ship.
- In a collaborative team setting, you'll work closely with others but also autonomously with little direction. Your superior analytical, quantitative and conceptual thinking skills and strong interpersonal and communication skills will ensure successful client projects and team performance.
- Client project work typically includes gathering and analysing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing recommendations for presentation to client management. From there, you will implement those recommendations and engage with client team members.
Please note, that we will only accept applications from Australian citizens or those who currently hold Permanent Residency (PR) visa for Australia and do not require company sponsorship to work lawfully in Australia.
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering degree with consistent outstanding academic record; an advanced degree and MBA is preferred
- 5+ years of highly relevant experience in the energy, mining and built environment sectors preferably including 3 - 5 years in a leadership role within the business
- Previous consulting experience is well regarded
- Demonstrated expertise in the industries as well as solid functional knowledge including but not limited to
- digital transformation
- business development
- supply chain,
- project management,
- marketing and sales, etc.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a team environment
- Ability to take initiative, break new ground, create opportunities for others and take risks as seen through leadership roles in work environment and extracurricular activities
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization coupled with strong, engaging and inclusive communication skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.