Posted: Apr 28, 2021
Posted: Apr 28, 2021
Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Wood is currently seeking a Process Engineer to join our Life Sciences team (Biotechnology/Pharmaceuticals) to develop life-changing and in many cases, life-saving solutions for our clients. We're looking for an energetic, self-motivated individual with the ability to execute all phases of project design. Project sizes will vary and will include both existing building improvements and new construction.
While this position will report into our Philadelphia location, due to our current remote capacity, we are also considering candidates outside of the Philadelphia area.
On a global scale, Wood serves the Life Sciences, Oil & Gas, Federal, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Mining, and Power Industries. Our Philadelphia office has become the Center of Excellence for our global Life Sciences network, providing full-service pharmaceutical and biotechnology engineering, design, procurement, and project management services.
- Developing process flow diagrams to define heat and material balance(s)
- Establishing a process design basis, developing process options, and optimization of selected design
- Designing and creating Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Preparing bid and purchase specifications for processing equipment (e.g. chromatography columns, pressure vessels, bioreactors, filtration skids)
- Calculating loads for clean utilities, line sizing, and distribution design (e.g. water for injection, clean steam, process gases)
- Maintaining effective communication with project team members and clients
- Calculating and organizing data for other disciplines (e.g. instrument data for I&C or electrical loadings)
- Work is reviewed for adequacy and accuracy by a Senior Process Engineer
- Coaching and support for entry-level process engineers
- Review of submittals and shop drawings
- Response to construction Requests For Information (RFIs)
Skills / Qualifications
- Experience within Life Science Industry required
- Minimum of 2 years' experience
- BS or MS in chemical / mechanical / bio engineering required
- Flexibility to travel (~10%)
- AutoCAD and Process Modeling experience preferred
- Knowledge of cGMPs preferred
- International experience preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.