Skills: Geologist, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting a Biologist (mid to senior level) to support projects related to biological resources throughout the US. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience managing tasks, analyzing data, and writing reports related to biological resources. This position will appeal to individuals with a solid background in biology, excellent technical writing skills, independent work ethic, and a desire to work on a diverse array of biological projects. This position will be supporting senior biologists who provide services to military and civilian federal clients with projects ranging from natural resources and fire plans to endangered and invasive species management. Projects can also include peer reviews, land management planning, and other technical support related to biological sciences.
The successful candidate will work with team members throughout the US, including coordinating team members to complete tasks on complex projects, work with GIS specialists to complete related tasks, provide project management as needed, and serve as lead writer on reports. Biological permitting support and NEPA analysis are not a focus of this position but will occasionally be required.
Wood E&IS invites qualified applicants with a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree or higher in the field of biology, ecology, botany, or an equivalent discipline with 5-15 years direct work experience to apply for the position. A Master of Science (MS) degree and some project management experience is preferred. Prior experience in southern California and desert southwest is preferred, although not required. This position can be either full-time or part-time, and location is negotiable.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in a biological science (Bachelor of Science)
- Experienced, effective technical writer of biological documents
- Experience managing and analyzing biological data
- Experience organizing and leading field crews completing biological surveys
- Proficient in Office 365 applications, including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. Ideally, already familiar with Teams, Visio, and similar applications.
- 5 years experience
- Experience in southern California and the desert southwest (although not required to be located there currently)
- Master of Science or higher in a biological science
- Experience evaluating biological resources/ecosystem conditions and preparing summaries of baseline conditions
- Experience using GIS data to present, organize, and analyze biological data
- Experience working on federal or state lands with respect to natural resources management
- 10 years experience
- Experience with wildland fire planning and/or prescribed fire execution
- Experience with federally listed species, especially in California
This position can be either full-time or part-time, and location is negotiable.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.