Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood requires a motivated Senior Electrical Engineer for a current opportunity within our core Engineering team. This role works alongside the Lead Engineers to assist in the detail design for projects to provide a cost effective solution for the client and possilbly on occasion manage a smaller project with an independent ownership.
This position requires the development of project deliverables in accordance with Company procedures and meet the clients project objectives. You will be reporting to a Lead / Discipline Manager and required to provide electrical engineering design input into client deliverables to ensure successful design and implementation.
Your key responsibilities in the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Electrical system design support and input
- Electrical Schedule and planning for scopes of work
- Production and/or review of deliverables including models, drawings, calculations, specifications, reports, evaluations
- Development of tender & supply of Electrical Equipment
- Part take in model reviews and provide input to the 3D model design
- Working closely with the design team to achieve successful model review outcomes
- Liaise with other disciplines, Clients and Vendor representatives
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical engineering
- 8 - 15 yrs engineering and design knowledge
- Knowledge of System Modelling in ETAP
- Working knowledge in the following areas;
- HV/LV Switchgear MCC
- HV Distribution
- Packaged equipment
- Lighting design
- Familiar with IEC Standards
- Cognizant of brown field tie ins for new plants
- Working towards Chartership
- Effective communication skills
- A positive and pro-active attitude
Please note that we are only able to accept applications from Australian citizens or those who currently hold Permanent Residency (PR) and do not require company sponsorship to work lawfully in Australia.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.