Skills: Drilling Engineering, Project Engineer, Workover or Completion
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
NES Fircroft are recruiting for the position of Completions Engineer, located in Aberdeen.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Complete all pre-planning and design workscopes and follow the project through Execution and Closeout of well completions.
- Assist the Asset in the Well Planning process, decision support package development, technical limit and benchmarking, costs estimates, Well notifications and other permitting as required.
- Provide support during well execution phase including the development of detailed completion design and detailed completion programs.
- Ability to provide offshore completion engineering support during the execution phase for surface and/or subsea wells.
- Manage all completion related service companies to deliver the planned completion designs.
- Assist in surface and subsea well integrity issues and risk assessments where appropriate.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Industry recognised academic qualification (degree or equivalent) or comparable industrial experience. Engineering degree preferred.
- Well control certification at completion/workover level.
- Proven Subsea and surface completion experience within the Oil and Gas Industry, with preference for UKCS/North Sea experience.
- Preference for experience of using subsea HXT's, sand control, ESP/HSP completions, ERD completions, Artificial lift and multi-lateral completions.
- Previous history and proven ability to develop completion design alternatives, demonstrating experience of:
o deterministic time-cost estimates for meeting project deliverables for Phase 2 and 3
o identification and management of supporting studies needed to support the selected completion design
o Selection and Order of long lead equipment
o Completion optimisation to improve well completion performance.
- Excellent communications skills both internally and externally at all levels and an ability to build and sustain collaborative relationships.
- Excellent levels of self-motivation and personal accountability.
- Experience with Landmark software (WellCat and WellPlan)
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.