Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Al Khobar, Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia
Wood is currently recruiting Offshore Discipline Electrical Engineer to join our OMPP team in Saudi Arabia.
- Coordinate with electrical and other disciplines lead or senior engineers to ensure full compliance of the project electrical design with the requirements specified on project design scope and on the relevant industry standards
- Guide the electrical engineers to resolve engineering problems in accordance with industry principles, codes, and standards
- Develop budgets and / or review proposals with estimate of man - hours and cost for design as well as project supervision
- Oversee design efforts to assure projects are completed satisfactorily on time and within budget
- Review and approve the electrical drawings, construction, and material specifications to ensure that the design and constructions conform to standards and customer requirements
- Review and approve special study reports, design calculations and design specifications
- Review and approve BOQ, equipment / materials specifications and selection, construction specifications, testing and commissioning procedures
Skills / Qualifications
- Shall have experience of 15 (fifteen) to 19 (Nineteen) years or more as Senior Electrical Engineer and / or Electrical Engineer in Planning, Engineering and Designing of Extra High Voltage Submarine Cable System Offshore substations, Electrical Equipment, components and System for Off - shore, deep & shallow water oil and gas facilities
- Shall have very good knowledge of electrical safety codes, Electrical Hazardous area classification codes, international electrical codes, standards & specifications related to Electrical facilities for Off - shore Oil and Gas facilities
- Shall have knowledge of Power System Study and familiarity with Off - shore Oil production code specifically. ABS code and Coast guard will be an advantage
- B. Sc. Engineering in Electrical or equivalent
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.