Our client is seeking an IS Procurement Advisor for a contract role in Calgary.
About this Opportunity:
The Supply Chain Management team is seeking a Sr IS Procurement Advisor in their Category Management, Corporate & Retail Services team. The successful candidate will be responsible for negotiating complex agreements and will need to have extensive IS procurement experience. This is a fast paced and challenging position requiring the successful candidate to be a self-starter with strong analytical abilities and hands-on delivery capabilities.
This is a 1-year contract position until April 2022. The candidate will be working remotely until the mandatory work from home restrictions are lifted. After which they will based in our downtown Calgary office.
- Review, interpret, analyze and draft legal and commercial contract terms and conditions in IT legal documents such as master agreements, schedules, statements of work, pricing, confidentiality agreements or other documentation as required and revise where appropriate. These agreements will include but not be limited to software, hardware, managed services, services, hosted/cloud solutions, subscriptions and professional services.
- Lead and manage all aspects of complex IT sourcing initiatives including RFx activities, development of negotiation strategy and providing recommendations to award.
- Interface with IT leadership teams, subject matter experts and external vendors on contract management related tasks.
- Liaison with the business Corporate Groups including Legal, Finance, Tax, Security and HR to ensure vendor contracts comply to corporate policies such as Cyber Security, Privacy, Health and Safety and Sox Compliance.
- Develop negotiation plans and lead negotiations.
- Develop and manage relevant key performance indicators and other results-based metrics.
- Implement and adopt best practices for contracts management, cost optimization and vendor performance improvements.
- Provide administrative tasks required to manage contracts in the portfolio.
- Conduct other related duties as required.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post-secondary Business or Supply Chain degree preferred
- 10+ years' experience in analyzing and negotiating complex IT contracts (both commercial and legal terms) including software, hardware, services, cloud and managed services
- Advanced negotiation skills required, including experience with highly complex IT initiatives
- Extensive experience leading and managing complex RFx activities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively share ideas and issues with all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required, as well as a proven ability to pay close attention to accuracy and detail
- Experience working for a large organization
- Oil & Gas experience is not required but will be considered an asset
- Ability to work at ease with stakeholders, suppliers and suppliers legal counsel
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office application suite
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.