Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Ontario, Canada
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Construction & Remediation group is hiring a Project Engineer who will based in Port Hope, ON. Specifically, to join the Wood team executing large scale remediation projects as a General Contractor.
If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you!
- Participate in project management and project controls;
- Collaborate with project team, client technical leads, and subcontractors/suppliers.
- Review and lead subcontractor and/or supplier submittals to Wood;
- Coach, mentor and leading junior engineering staff;
- Work plan development;
- RFI and client Work Direction process;
- Project technical procedures, standards, plans, work instructions to subcontractors and suppliers;
- Manage the system for tracking various project quantities;
- Manag the system for producing as-built drawings, and producing as-built drawings.
Skills / Qualifications
- University Degree/Technology Diploma in Civil Engineering, or a combination of education and industry experience with E.I.T. or P. Eng. registration;
- Minimum of three (3) to seven (7) years of relevant experience;
- A good understanding of Construction environment (civil, remediation, process) from a General Contractor mindset;
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, organizing, judgement, problem solving, conflict resolution, decision-making and communications skills are essential;
- The ability to handle a large and varied workload and make timely decisions;
- Eligibility to obtain Federal Government Reliability Clearance Certificate.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.