Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
We are seeking Field Specialist/ Engineer in our Underbalanced Drilling operations based out of Perth, Western Australia. These roles will require frequent travel offshore to service our clients' requirements. We are always interested in candidates with previous UBD field experience, we recognise transferable skills and the value of the right attitude to work offshore.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Lead the rig up/down function test, pressure test and operation of all Managed Pressure Drilling equipment on site and preparing the paperwork requirements with minimal supervision. This can be done in the base or field location.
- Train and mentor operators
- Lead and Supervise all Managed Pressure Drilling, mechanical and hydraulic inspection requirements
- Lead and supervise any changes to Managed Pressure Drilling, mechanical or hydraulic equipment.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal staff, client and 3rd party service providers.
- Document any incidents in the Weatherford Performance Tracking System (WPTS)
- Lead and supervise the completion of all field documentation.
- Troubleshoot Managed Pressure Drilling equipment and implement corrective action.
- Minimum 4-5+ years field experience
- Working knowledge of Conventional, Mechanized and Overdrive mechanical tools
- Great mechanical aptitude and understanding of hydraulic and mechanical systems
- Can demonstrate, apply knowledge and perform all hands on functions of all operations Underbalanced Drilling/ Managed Pressure Drilling equipment including rig up, operating, event identification and downhole theory, maintenance of compression / separation equipment and trouble shooting
- Conversant with all matters related to Managed Pressure Drilling equipment on site, including regulatory standards.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.