Skills: Geoscience Technician, Surveying
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Assist Operations Lead with the planning, direction, and coordination of the operations of Survey Services activities as related to equipment required to support the overall area operations. Ensures the support, maintenance, planning, mobilization and demobilization activities are efficiently and effectively directed and supported.
Manages the onshore preparation, repair and maintenance of all Survey Services equipment to include surface positioning, subsea acoustics, AUV and ROV survey sensors, conventional geophysical and light geotechnical and support equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee all survey equipment, inventory, availability, inspection, repair, maintenance, compliance, calibrations.
- Assist Product Service Managers with inventory of, configuration options for, and technical assessments for all survey equipment.
- Define work scope requirements for repair and maintenance of survey equipment.
- Oversee receiving, offloading and staging of offshore equipment returned to base.
- Plan and execute non-workshop related maintenance.
- Responsible for the coordination, commercial negotiations, availability and readiness of 3 rd party rental equipment.
- Verify that maintenance standards comply with Oceaneering maintenance standards, manufacturer recommendations and regulatory requirements.
- Assist Technical Support Lead, Product Manager and Commercial Manager as required in equipment selection, asset readiness profiles, cost for preparation estimates and other inputs required in the support of area projects/installations.
- Perform personnel reviews for the equipment coordinators and technicians.
- Direct the m anagement of equipment technician assignments to meet business needs.
- Prepare and m aintain budgets, review and approve equipment repair costs and manage cost reporting.
- Responsible for proper supervis ion of any subcontract personnel as required .
- Participates in all HSE, Quality and Operational Excellence initiatives.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities .
- As directed by Operations Lead, ensures readiness status of all equipment in location of responsibility
- Readiness and competency of all offshore and onshore survey equipment
- All process changes and/or implementations are completed and maintained across the area of given responsibility to ensure consistency and operational excellence.
- As required, discuss with Local Operations Lead the readiness of equipment to support upcoming requirements and ongoing projects.
- As required, discuss with Project Managers and SCM the equipment selection, preparedness, and delivery.
- As required, discuss with local technical and engineering support, any new or ongoing support requirements.
Qualifications (Requires Regional Variance)
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
- Technical degree or some college preferred.
- Extensive experience with Surface and Subsea Survey & Positioning and Geosciences equipment or a combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Knowledge of MS Office Applications and PeopleSoft ERP System experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Treats others fairly and with respect .
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences .
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required .
Working Conditions (Requires Regional Variance)
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the workplace .
- Work surface is stable (flat).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.