Skills: Maintenance Engineer, QA / QC / Inspection
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Grangemouth, United Kingdom
At Eni, we are looking for an Inspection Engineer within Versalis UK in Grangemouth. You will be responsible for leading inspections plans and their monitoring, on pressure and atmospheric vessels, piping, safety valves, hoses, in compliance with the regulations and the plant asset integrity procedures.
Versalis is an international subsidiary of Eni specialising in the production of chemicals. We lead the market in a range of businesses including plastic and rubbers alongside a fast-growing bio-based business. We are Italy's biggest chemical company in terms of turnover, number of employees and production volumes and we're focused on meeting our customers' requirements while simultaneously embracing sustainable and competitive growth.
We pursue these goals through product innovation, reducing energy consumption and a relentless focus on safeguarding our people and the environment both inside and outside our facilities. With opportunities throughout Italy, China, Germany, France, USA, Ghana, Congo and a number of other countries, our team is made up of astute and accomplished individuals who all work together to help expand Versalis' presence on a global scale.
As a member of Versalis you will be responsible for:
- To liaise with third party inspectors and service providers
- To produce reports detailing the findings of asset inspections, collate third party reports and other relevant documentation and ensure these are filed electronically in ANTEA inspection manager
- To make sure that equipment is inspected in time by a competent person and statement on fitness for service is issued
- For assets within the scope of PSSR this task will be the responsibility of a third party Competent Person, but for tanks and pipework fitness for service may be assessed by the Inspection Engineer, provided he is suitably experienced and qualified to do so
- To manage the RBI process by convening teams drawn from other departments in order to assess risks and likelihood of potential failure mechanisms and to determine how these mechanisms are to be managed
- To conduct post-inspection and other periodic reviews of RBI assessments
- To lead the actions from inspections (recommendations, mandatories): create notifications in SAP and monitoring the scheduling of works (by WONs)
- Gather and examine maintainability data to define repair techniques/principles/procedures with the goal of continuously improving of the reliability of systems; Process fault reports providing support to the manager; including detailed routine calculations, using appropriate indices of monitoring the failure events; an example is to be able to manage a fitness for service
- Look after the definition of parameters and necessary techniques/methodologies to carry out preventive maintenance plans
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements :
- Mechanical, Maintenance, NDT Engineering Degree with experience
- HND in Mechanical, Maintenance, NDT Discipline with experience, preferably within also an upper tier COMAH site and experience as supervisor of inspections jobs (NDT, inspections)
- Knowledge and experience on inspection analysis (for example NDT ultrasonic for thickness and cracks, magnetic particle inspection, die penetrant, RX, PEC, TECA, acoustic emission, eddy current, wave acoustics, floor scanner, metallographic replications)
- Experience of managing and supervision of contractors.
- Use assertiveness if necessary to support the colleagues.
- Have worked on major outages, plant shutdowns (TAR's), and be good at managing stressful situations.
- Computer literate with Word, Excel, Microsoft project, SAP (Experience of CMMS), experience in a permit to work system and RAMS, ANTEA inspection manager is an advantage (or equivalent IDMS)
At Eni, people are the key to our success, which is why our values are focused on diversity, and lifelong learning.
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates' personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process .
Together we have greater energy.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.