Company: NES Fircroft
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Our client is seeking a Geologist for a contract role in Calgary.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Conduct detailed subsurface hazard assessments (uphole H2S studies, pore pressure reviews, well prognosis, Frac planning/offset well reviews) for all pads/wells drilled in the Duvernay project. Ensure execution results are incorporated into future well planning, coordinating with UP&O and sequencing teams as part of future project optimization.
• Strong 3D seismic interpretation skills; formation picks, Karst/fault identification, geohazards, curvature mapping, fracture identification, pre and post stack time migration, inversion, velocity modeling, RPFS. Will work to further refine depth/structural resolution to aid in geosteering forecasting/prognosis, increasing ROP and drill percentage within lateral target window
• Provide seismic interpretation data pertaining to land continuation packages in conjunction with UP&O team, preserve all high value acreage within KD project area
• Robust knowledge of Microseismic data, acquisition parameters & interpretation, able to make recommendations based on analysis, moment tensor calculation & interpretation
• Competitive Performance (CP) idea generation considered a requirement for this position, tasked with generating multiple improvement ideas per year to drive down execution costs or increase EUR.
• Responsible for the induced seismicity response plan; will be responsible for pad specific traffic light protocols and mitigation planning, as well, be the 24 hour on call representative during completion operations. Accountable for tracking and reacting to seismicity events that can occur during completion operations and coordinating response with field operations.
• Member of multidisciplinary team responsible for the optimal development of the Duvernay resource, will be responsible for subsurface characterization projects that impact the execution of drilling development laterals (competitor studies and relationship building, landing zone optimization, drilling assembly reliability, shock and vibration identification, data collection while drilling tools and implementation, others).
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in an Earth Science discipline
• Must be member of APEGA or provincial equivalent or eligibility for such
• 6-15 years of relevant Oil and Gas industry experience, with preference for shale gas and Western Canadian basin experience
• Must demonstrate broad earth science experience in reservoir management, including field developments and unconventional reservoirs; strong understanding of earth science tools and processes used to characterize and manage subsurface reservoirs. Solid exploitation geology skills including well planning, knowledge of drilling operations and reservoir optimization would be an asset.
• Must have demonstrated project management skills including experience developing work plans with multi-disciplinary teams to deliver quality work on time.
• Demonstrates pro-active, collaborative approach with ability to build positive relationships within team and organization.
• Understand and demonstrate corporate values and ability to align individual and team objectives with business goals and strategies.
• Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
• MUST have strong 3D seismic interpretation skills and Microseismic data
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.