Skills: Student / Recent Grad, Geologist
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hamilton Township, New Jersey, United States
Wood is currently seeking Environmental/Geology Interns for summer positions in our Hamilton and/or Somerset, New Jersey offices. The candidate should be enrolled in an engineering, geology, or science-related undergraduate or graduate curriculum or a high-school student with Honors or AP credits toward a STEM curriculum. The intern will be assisting engineers, geologists, and scientists in a variety of engineering and environmental science tasks related to soil and groundwater remediation projects. The successful applicant should have an interest in environmental remediation which includes removing pollutants from soil and groundwater media. The position is an office-based position with minimal field work assignments.
- Assist in preparation of cost estimates, engineering drawings, geologic cross-sections,
- Assist in coordination and scheduling of subcontractors,
- Assist in compilation and refinement of data from a variety of sources,
- Assist in production of technical reports,
- Assist in preparation of presentations to project teams, regulatory agencies, and clients
Skills / Qualifications
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills,
- Ability to support technical and non-technical staff in organizing information,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project),
- Ability to complete assignments within the allocated timeframe,
- Ability to work independently or with staff in a team environment,
- Pass company-sponsored drug test, background check, and physical,
- Satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company driving policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.