Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
Technical expert, leading developing and maintaining engineering application software for use in Oil/Gas industry. Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications. Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems. Leads the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software. Designs, plans, and coordinates work teams. Assigns tasks and reviews the work of more junior personnel.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist.
- Involved with the creation of project plans and budgets.
- Responsible for delivery of the project tasks as assigned.
- Serve as an on-site Team Leader by providing leadership to the team and the customer ensuring tasks, projects, and customer requests are handled in an effective manner.
- Ability to plan projects, assesses project status, and identifies issues of risk.
- Manages 3 rd party resources and provides performance reports.
- Develops, prepares, and presents the statement of work, project plans based on site surveys, and requirements gathering.
- Provide technical expertise, while managing both internal and external customer expectations.
- Configures medium to complex applications according to the design documents and adheres to the accepted standards.
- Build screens and reports and executes necessary functions to configure the system as designed.
- Uses programming languages to enhance implementations and create utilities.
- Develops, and oversees the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
- Provide custom solutions and participate in software testing during the release cycle.
- Able to train team members and customers on system usage and new product features.
- Identify cause of problems, report them to the developers and provide support to internal and external clients working on consulting projects which use the company's Optimization software.
- Learn and understand how the Production Optimization products work from the user's perspective.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues related to SCADA hardware and radio communications.
- Train users in system usage and administration. Also, perform with proficiency product demonstrations and facilitate customer discussions, regarding product capability and design in support of the Sales Account Representative.
- Manage multiple customer projects
- Mentor and evaluate team members and other senior engineers
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Perform various other duties assigned by the manager within the physical constraints of the job.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality System Manual, Operating and technical Procedures, and Workplace instructions.
- Bachelors degree in a technical discipline relevant to position
- Programming skills in either Visual Basic, C#, C/C++, or Java
- Programming skills in SQL, HTML, and XML
- Experience in supporting communication protocols.
- 7+ Years of experience in managing delivery of large scale enterprise systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, Windows programming environment, networking, web development and server hardware a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to calmly manage crisis situations and provide first line technical support to existing client installations
- Proficient in the design and development of systems to fulfill the needs of customers based on the input of the client's identified value criteria
- Technical experience SCADA, lift optimization software, or asset optimization software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership abilities and able to work within a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to plan ahead and organize daily and weekly tasks
- Experience in the industry; Oil and Gas Industry - Production, a similar role trouble shooting or diagnosing problems with hardware and software
- Work Experience working with SCADA software and hardware in oil, gas, or pipeline industries.
- Understanding of the Oil and Gas Market, in Pipeline, Mid-Stream, and E&P
- Knowledgeable of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Oil and Gas SCADA industry