Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 18 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Basrah, Basra Governorate, Iraq
Wood is currently recruiting for Area Support Engineer - Static on a 4x4 rotational basis for one of our projects located in Iraq.
- Promote a culture of safety and continuous improvement.
- Champion the Client nationalisation program by identifying & mentoring Iraqi nationals.
- Acting as a central engineering team representative with the accountability of maintaining discipline regarding mechanical standards, codes and practices in the area.
- Ownership of equipment health and monitoring in support of area reliability targets
- Supports the central M&E teams in developing and delivering reliability improvements
- Support the execution of work in accordance with the Control of Work standards
- Support the delivery of the Maintenance & Engineering Vision, Strategy and Priorities
- Support maintenance and project teams to deliver integrity improvement initiatives within assigned facilities
- Oversee equipment overhauls and installations to ensure work is carried out to high standards
- Coordinate with Production/Operations staff to identify/prioritize and schedule MOC activities
- Advise and coach a multi-disciplined Iraqi Engineering/Operations/Maintenance workforce at assigned assets
- Ensure PID's and mechanical documentation and drawings are up to date
- Identify areas of improvement in safety, reliability, and efficient execution of work
- Provide assurance on engineering compliance with applicable Standards, Specifications, Codes and Regulations. Ensure that non-conformities and temporary deviations are identified
- Provide procurement engineering support for material requisition development, bid evaluations and supplier documentation reviews.
- To provide sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems within the discipline.
- To co-ordinate with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning, and start-up.
- Extensive and relevant industry experience in static mechanical activities across the full value chain of hydrocarbon and water production operations. Experience in brownfield engineering, reliability, and strong technical leadership with influencing capabilities.
- To identify any areas of concern with respect to progress and/or quality and recommend corrective actions as required.
- To attend weekly progress meetings and generate status reports for Mechanical Team Lead/Engineering/Project Manager as required.
- Mentoring/Training of Iraqi National colleagues
Skills / Qualifications
Technical / Business Skills:
- Highly motivated and self-reliant
- Confident and assertive
- Problem solver
- Open thinker and innovator
- Good communicator with a willingness to share knowledge and support others
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong commitment to safety
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of mechanical engineering design and analysis.
- Thorough awareness of relevant international codes and standards
- Candidate to demonstrate familiarity with all relevant industry codes, standards and practices (API, ASME, ISO), for piping, pipeline, valves & piping equipment, static equipment and rotating equipment.
Business & Industry Experience
- Minimum of 18 years' experience in the oil and gas industry
- 5 years' experience in International multicultural Operational roles across the full value chain of hydrocarbon and water production facilities. Experience in brownfield engineering, reliability, and strong technical leadership with influencing capabilities.
- Degree relevant to mechanical engineering
- Ability to speak Arabic would be beneficial but not essential
- Sound supervisory and organisational skills
- Clear communicator with good interpersonal skills
- An active listener with the ability to focus on key requirements to achieve overall successful outcomes
- Fluent in both spoken and written English language
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.