Skills: Chemical Engineering, Process Engineer
Experience: 18 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Basra, Iraq
Wood is currently recruiting for Area Support Lead Engineer -Process on a 4x4 rotational basis for one of our projects located in Iraq.
- To manage the process engineering and design team for all projects under their remit.
- Process engineering technical support and also work closely with optimisation and production teams to identify debottlenecking opportunities & constraints, initiating debottlenecking projects as necessary.
- To have single-point responsibility for all process engineering deliverables and ensure that they conform to all applicable engineering codes and standards as well as the Client's policies and procedures.
- Identify debottlenecking opportunities & constraints and initiate debottlenecking projects as necessary.
- Assumes Single Point Accountable (SPA) for the front end definition of various technical changes originating from operational work scopes. Carry out site surveys, prepare Basis of Design, SOR's, EQs response and MOC development.
- Play an integration role between field and the central Maintenance & Engineering teams in developing scopes, provide front line engineering and operations input.
- Process Engineering support to the Area
- Ensure critical process / instrumentation & control documentation & process safety information, including P&ID's, and Cause and Effect Diagrams are kept up to date.
- To ensure that the overall project is delivered to meet the asset operational needs.
- To provide direction and guidance on all technical queries relating to process engineering.
- Focal point for Pre-Start-up Safety Reviews, Emerging Risk Notifications, Operational Risk Assessments.
- To participate in all project safety and design reviews as necessary.
- To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule.
- To liaise with Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion.
- To promote safe behaviour at all times.
- To provide sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems within the discipline.
- To co-ordinate with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning, and start-up.
- To provide technical support to site in terms of material inspection, Factory Acceptance Testing, etc.
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to process systems.
- To identify any areas of concern with respect to progress and/or quality and recommend corrective actions as required.
- To attend weekly progress meetings and generate status reports for the Process Team Lead/Engineering/Project Manager as required.
- Mentoring/Training of Iraqi National colleagues
Skills / Qualifications
Technical / Business Skills:
- Highly motivated and self-reliant
- Confident and assertive
- Problem solver
- Open thinker and innovator
- Good communicator with a willingness to share knowledge and support others
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong commitment to safety
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of process engineering design and analysis
- Thorough awareness of relevant international codes and standards
- Familiar with the typical software packages that are used for process engineering design and selection (including HYSYS, PIPESIM and Flarenet).
- Experience of the application of HAZOP, HAZID and SIL Rating to Process Design.
Business & Industry Experience
- Minimum of 18 years' experience in the oil and gas industry
- 5 years experience in International multicultural Operational roles across the full value chain of hydrocarbon and water production facilities. Experience in brownfield engineering, reliability, and strong technical leadership with influencing capabilities.
- Candidate to demonstrate familiarity with all relevant industry process engineering codes, standards and practices (API, ASME, ISO), and relevant experience with key Process engineering tools such as Aspen HYSYS & Flare System Analyser, Schlumberger Pipesim etc. Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred
- Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Membership of a recognised professional institute preferred
- Ability to speak Arabic would be beneficial but not essential
- Experience of process hazard analysis methods such as HAZOP, HAZID / What-if, LOPA.
- Sound supervisory and organisational skills
- Clear communicator with good interpersonal skills
- An active listener with the ability to focus on key requirements to achieve overall successful outcomes
- Fluent in both spoken and written English language
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.