Skills: IT - Software Development, Architect
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Service Delivery Ecosystem Architect
Under general supervision by the HDS Operations Manager, the Solution Owner/Architect (SOA) will oversee architectural design and implementation of a cross-product line service delivery platform of connected BPM (Business Process Management) applications.
The SOA will the lead the architectural support "wing" for any Halliburton product line using a BPM, responsible for advising other teams on how best to architect their own BPM applications, and also to lead a development team to create common components that can be utilized by all product lines.
The SOA will be responsible for orchestrating identification and implementation of common components, integrations, and management of both SAAS BPM Platforms in line with both Halliburton's vision and requirements of individual product lines.
While this is a highly technical role, the SOA will need to be comfortable performing both architectural and product owner responsibilities while working closely with experienced product line architects and product owners to build out their backlog.
- Become an expert on individual product line service delivery roadmaps and suggest opportunities for common development or integration
- Transform opportunities for integration or common development to actionable features with defined product backlogs
- Define and prioritize feature roadmap in line with Agile/Scrum delivery framework
- Lead development team to deliver required features in time-boxed increments
- Work closely with product line development teams to influence architecture designs and BPM solution selection
- Manage the cross-PSL Appian platform - to include coordinating support and feature requests with Appian, health check analysis, and coordinating down-time/upgrades with product line teams.
- Facilitate sprint reviews and related status meetings with stakeholders
- 3+ years of experience as a technical architect on BPM solution development with common industry tools, including jBPM, Appian, Prontoforms, Nintex, Pipefy, Bitrix, etc.
- Experience leading a scrum team as a product owner
- Experience creating web API integrations between applications
- Appian Level 2 Design Credentials
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure Dev Ops (ADO) for backlog management
- Experience developing applications using Microsoft Power Platform (Power Apps, etc.)
Experience & Education
- Skills typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or similar discipline, and 7 years of related experience or through 11 years of software development experience.
- Completion of a Master's in Computer Science or similar discipline is preferred.
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available ranging from Principal Engineer - Software Development up to Tech Advisor-Software Development.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E. , Houston , Texas , 77032 , United States
Requisition Number: 92510
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Global R&D
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.