Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking an Indigenous Relations Advisor for a 1-year contract in Sudbury, ON. They will also consider candidates in North Bay or Thunder Bay.
Description: Our client is looking for a skilled individual to develop and implement engagement plans and execute regulatory requirements. They will build, maintain and cultivate relationships and engagement activities with influential leadership within local and regional communities, organizations and Indigenous communities.
- Own relationships with key influential leaders and work with internal partners within and outside Public Affairs , Communications (PACS) (i.e. Supply Chain Management) to develop innovative engagement strategies, approaches and tools to maximize efficiencies and minimize risk related to Community and Indigenous Engagement.
- Execute regulatory requirements in consultation / engagement and be able to document effectively the outcomes.
- For Indigenous engagement, responsible lead for providing the awareness and guidance to the team and company on Indigenous cultural protocols, norms and politics to ensure the company respectfully engages with Indigenous communities, builds positive relationships, meets regulatory engagement requirements and effectively manage the related risk.
- Assist stakeholder engagement in the field with individuals, communities, Indigenous groups and local governments and organizations in support of business goals and project objectives, working cooperatively with internal functions such as Environmental Health and Safety (EHS), Business Development and Operations.
- Lead or assist with development and implementation of specific engagement plans, including project specific engagement plans and Regional Engagement Plans, strategies, talking points for media spokesperson and related budgets that reflect the interests of both the Company and the potentially-affected stakeholder/Indigenous groups. Meet regulatory requirements and build, maintain and enhance our client's reputation as a trusted corporate citizen.
- University degree from a related post-secondary program
- 7 or more years of directly related work experience in Indigenous and/or stakeholder engagement, preferably in the resources sector, particularly in the energy industry / energy transportation infrastructure sector
- Ability to communicate fluently and are bilingual in French and English
- Knowledge and direct experience in engaging with Indigenous communities, including on Indigenous history and rights, on cultural protocols and norms, on Indigenous politics and the ability to successfully engage with indigenous people.
- Experience in and understanding of a large, public company with operations in multiple regions.
- Solid written and verbal communication, presentation and organizational abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including consultation, negotiation, facilitation, risk communication and conflict resolution.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.