Skills: Contracts Administration, Contracts Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Looking for a long-term career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Contract Specialist in Houston, TX. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more. This role utilizes independent actions to drive effective and efficient sourcing and contracting activities between, Supply Chain Global Services and Technology, personnel and Suppliers. It is responsible for supporting effective execution of contracting processes and documents to support BU operations.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Support the transition of h-Concho contracting activities from Coupa platform to SMART by working with project team, IT project manager, Permian, GCR (if necessary) and Operations.
- Ensure project tasks are on schedule and support each function of the project team by providing direction with vital Supply Chain knowledge
- Provide guidelines and direct stakeholders on how to effectively transact business with Shared Services purchasing team
- Efficiently communicate status of activities, with being able to articulate necessary issues to increase pace of purchasing transition activities.
- Identify risks in transition timeline, implement mitigation efforts, and communicate as needed to stakeholders.
- Identify inefficiencies between various project parts and implement improvements for increased collaboration.
- Ensure all h-Concho sourcing and contracting activities services are conducted as per Internal Control Standards and Supply Chain Policy, including all proper documentation, use of systems, approvals, and communications.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business or a related discipline or foreign equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in the oil and gas industry
- 3+ years of sourcing, contracting or contract administration experience. Experience with SAP/SMART is preferred.
- Experience supporting process design/adaption.
- Able to see opportunities to improve processes, solicit feedback from others, and propose paths to address them.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good decision-making skills
- Effective at time management and setting priorities.
- Internal and external networking, especially in aligning with others.
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by courageously dealing with important problems, holding others accountable and standing up for what is right.
- Generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical.
- Builds strong relationships based on trust and seeks opportunities to collaborate across the matrix/organizational boundaries to achieve business goals.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.