Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an energetic and enthusiastic Payroll Supervisor/Manager to join our Payroll team based at our Shared Services Centre in Aberdeen. This role involves leading a small team, who are responsible for ensuring that payroll processes run smoothly and effectively, servicing all Peterson UK businesses
- Responsible for all aspects of UK Payroll processing for around 700 employees and incorporating 6 payrolls
- Overall leadership of the payroll team, responsible for the strategic direction of the team, process improvements including automation of payroll process and links with ADP, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations and Microsoft Talent
- Knowledge and application of statutory rules in relation to: SSP, SMP, SAP, SPP, redundancy payments, average holiday pay and many other aspects of payroll processing
- Dealing with employee payroll queries
- Ability to manually calculate PAYE and NICs when required
- Responsible for the management of Starters/ Leavers and completion of all appropriate tax forms
- Responsible for accurate and timely submission of all payroll reconciliation schedules such as PAYE, Pension etc. and journals, by review and sign off
- Responsible for all payroll year end RTI / HMRC submissions
- Focal point for external auditors for payroll related matters
- Responsible for timely payments to HMRC etc.
- Take the lead in any new payroll / timewriting projects in Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Ensure full documentation and maintenance of all payroll processes
- Extensive knowledge and experience in all aspects of payroll
- Experience of utilising an in - house computerised HR and payroll system, preferably ADP and Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Experience of leading a payroll team
- Ideally CIPP qualified (or equivalent) or working towards a payroll qualification
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Ability to deliver first class customer service
- Positive approach to change
- Full understanding of RTI and Auto Enrolment
- Experience of complex shifts and allowances
- System orientated
- Strong people skills
- Good understanding of controls & Processes
- Continuous Improvement attitude
What we offer
- An entrepreneurial and energetic environment that supports career growth and rewards innovation.
- A challenging working environment where every day is different and exciting
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
From our roots in agricultural inspections, Peterson and Control Union have been operating for nearly 100 years in the field of logistics, quality, certifications and risk management. Our in-depth knowledge and experience covers all aspects of the supply chain in many industries including agriculture, energy, forestry, sustainability and textiles.
How to Apply
Please click at 'Apply for this job' to upload your resume. For further information please contact:
Peterson offers safe, reliable and value added risk management and logistics solutions to the energy, shipping and agricultural industry globally from strategic locations. Additionally, we offer specialist activities including inspection and certification of a broad range of products. Founded in 1920, Peterson is non-stock listed and family-owned. Together with sister company Control Union we operate in over 70 countries worldwide.
Peterson operates across many different industries. From agriculture to coal and minerals and from oil and gas to biofuels and biomass, together we are One Peterson. We offer three core activities, namely quality assurance, integrated logistics and related activities. Related activities include recruitment, procurement, project and consultancy services.