Reporting to the Director, Global and Executive Compensation, this position will support the design, administration and governance of executive compensation strategies and programs at Baker Hughes and lead the stock plan administration function.
The role is instrumental in managing equity programs aligned with shareholder interests and business objectives and ensuring compliance in a complex regulatory and corporate governance environment. Supporting the Total Rewards team in the design, development, implementation, and communications of executive compensation programs with a focus on executive pay, governance issues, and market trends.
Key responsibilities include designing and managing the administration of executive compensation programs and processes (including evaluation and market pricing, offer development, and annual rewards cycle) for executives, benchmarking best practices in design and management of executive compensation programs, developing recommendations and content for the Board's Compensation Committee meetings, and preparing the Compensation Discussion & Analysis section of the annual proxy statement including all tables and plan proposals.
This role also oversees the Company's equity plan administration ensuring compliance and a frictionless employee experience. As Senior Manager, this role will manage and develop a small team, partner with external vendors and consultants and lead internal cross-functional teams to deliver on key projects, deliverables, and program administration.
This leader has deep technical and strategic domain expertise, a keen attention to detail, and passion to deliver best-in-class executive compensation programs and processes.Key Responsibilities
Manage executive compensation programs
- Review, analyze and enhance existing executive compensation programs to ensure competitiveness.
- In partnership with compensation team, conduct and/or participate in market research and compensation surveys to evaluate and report on the competitiveness to market.
- Develop executive offers to support new hires, promotions, and restructuring.
- Proactively conduct analysis and initiate projects to drive continuous improvement, align programs and practices to best practices and drive the company's strategy and priorities.
- Network in professional associations to stay current on executive compensation trends and regulatory developments.
- Ensure executive information in Workday and the equity plan administration systems are current and accurate.
- Lead and participate in executive compensation or other projects as needed.
Lead the preparation of Compensation Committee materials
- In partnership with the Vice President Global Total Rewards, manage the strategic agenda and topics for the Board of Director's Compensation Committee meetings
- Lead the preparation of recommendations and materials for the Compensation Committee meetings including drafting, modeling, conducting market assessments and quality checking materials prior to executive leadership review.
- Manage the flow and cadence of materials to be reviewed and approved in accordance with deadlines.
- Partner with Finance, Legal, external consultants, and other stakeholders to develop materials and drive accurate and timely reviews.
Oversee equity compensation compliance, reporting, planning, and communications
- Lead and manage the equity plan program including the design, implementation, compliance, administration, and communication of long-term incentives.
- In partnership with the Executive Compensation Analyst, equity administration vendor, Legal, Finance & Accounting, Tax & Treasury, Payroll and IT, ensure equity administration is accurate, timely, compliant and frictionless for employees.
- Establish best practices for administration of international equity tax requirements and internal reporting requirements.
- Manage all compliance activities, ensuring internal controls and audit requirements are met.
- Continuously improve equity plan provider processes, improving accuracy and efficiency through automation.
Prepare Compensation Discussion and Analysis for Annual Proxy
Key Skills, Qualifications, Abilities and Experience Required
- Lead the preparation of the annual CD&A section of the proxy statement.
- Prepare data, pro-forma tables, disclosures and reporting in the summary compensation tables of the CD&A.
- Draft, review and collaborate with cross-functional partners and senior leaders on key messaging in the CD&A and proxy.
- Review and respond to feedback from shareholder proxy services.
- Drive continuous process improvement efforts for the CD&A process, looking for opportunities to ensure accuracy, modernize our disclosures and streamline the review of data.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in HR, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline
- Certifications: CEP, CECP or CCP preferred
- Deep strategic and technical domain expertise in executive compensation developed through 5-10 years progressive compensation experience focused on benchmarking, plan design and Board reporting preparation
- Experience developing communications on compensation / reward topics and presenting to senior stakeholders
- Advanced analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities, and ability to draw conclusions from data in a logical systematic way; consistently prepare accurate and timely analyses
- Strong consultative skills, partnering with client groups to provide support and guidance in the analysis and recommendations of solutions to compensation issues
- Acute attention to detail and the ability to balance strong, seamless technical and operational execution with a broad strategic perspective.
- Strong business and financial acumen, understanding tax and budget implications of compensation
- Ability to operate at both the strategic and operational levels (i.e., strategic thinking and ability to operationalize) to drive results
- Work independently and effectively manage projects from inception through execution
- Proactively identify opportunity areas and take initiative to drive them to resolution
- Communicate ideas clearly and with confidence; strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to achieve results with high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proactive and able to manage competing priorities, delivering quality work in a timely manner and communicating status to client groups, managers, and leaders as appropriate
- Sound judgment and strong decision-making skills
- Establishes strong working relationships with others and works well in a team environment
- High level of spreadsheet expertise (pivot tables, databases, formulas) and presentation design skills
This position is eligible for the 9/80 work schedule and remote workAbout Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.