Skills: CAD / CAM, Design Engineer, Drafting
Education: High School/Secondary
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood requires a Mechanical Designer to join our team in Eastern Canada. The successful candidate will contribute to engineering design at all stages from feasibility to construction for a variety of clients on industrial projects.
- Produce computer aided design drawings to client engineering standards and specifications
- Ensure design deliverables meet required standards of accuracy and quality
- Produce bills of materials and material take-offs
- Work with multi-disciplinary engineers and designers with a key focus on mechanical and piping systems
- Conduct field assessments and provide construction support on occasion at client facilities and construction sites
- Interface with clients for project scope development, design reviews, and progress meetings
- Assist with planning, scheduling and coordinating detailed phases of engineering work
- Organize and schedule work load to meet competing project deadlines
Skills / Qualifications
- Mechanical Engineering Technology diploma or equivalent
- Experience with design of: piping systems (fire protection, compressed gas, cooling water, process, fuel, etc.); industrial HVAC systems; equipment selection (pumps, compressors, etc.); welding; structural support of mechanical elements; material handling; and/or lift plans
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of local codes and standards
- Extensive knowledge on mechanical systems, P&ID's and equipment layouts
- Experience with standard industry design tools such as AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.