Skills: Refinery / Plant Operations Supervisor, Refinery / Plant Operator
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Novi, Michigan, United States
Wood is providing Owners Engineer services on a variety of projects including the abatement, decommissioning and demolition (AD&D) of coal-fired power plants across the U.S. Wood is seeking On-Call Demolition Specialists to oversee the removal of the mercury devices, and the electrical isolations and disconnections of the various building and electrical equipment in preparation for the retirement and abatement efforts at the site.
The Demolition Specialist will work in collaboration with the Project Manager, Technical Leads (demolition, regulated materials, asbestos, health and safety, etc.), Site Supervisors /Coordinators (e.g., asbestos abatement, demolition and health and safety, etc.), and the Site Manager to ensure contractor work is performed in accordance with the Technical Specifications, work plans, regulatory requirements, project schedule, etc. in a safe manner and in accordance with the Jobsite's Health and Safety Plans (HASPs).
- Report to Wood's Project Manager; coordinate daily activities with the Project Manager, as necessary
- Support Wood's Jobsite project team (e.g., asbestos abatement supervisor, demolition supervisor, health and safety coordinator, etc.)
- Coordinate with the Site Manager regarding onsite activities by the Contractor
- Conduct and/or participate in pre-construction/activity kick-off and weekly meetings
- Work directly with Site Manager to ensure the Site Safety Plan is being implemented by the Contractors including COVID-19 Jobsite requirements
- Participate in daily health and safety tailgate meetings; enforce HASP including COVID-19 requirements for Wood and report deficiencies to the Client, if necessary
- Work with the Site Manager in weekly coordination/scheduling meeting; monitoring that the Contractor is meeting the Client's schedule obligations
- Review Contractors daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Identify areas requiring additional sampling/material testing, if "hidden" materials are identified in collaboration with the onsite Asbestos Abatement and Demolition Supervisors
- Oversee waste management inspections and tracking
- Work with Site Manager to conduct project closeout activities including final inspections, completion of punch lists, and record drawings
- Work and travel safely, follow company and site safety standards
Skills / Qualifications
- A high school diploma, with 15 to 20 years of experience working at coal-fired power plants
- Flexibility and willingness to undertake multifunction activities within the Wood Project Team
- General understanding of electrical, mechanical, plumbing and general building systems
- Ability to maintain and advocate a safe working environment
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and organizational abilities.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours
- Must pass drug test, entrance physical, and background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- Computer knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Project, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40-hour training in accordance with 29CFR1910.120
- Asbestos Inspector Accreditation, desired
- Willingness to undertake specific training related to contracts and risk management
- Working outside in various inclement weather conditions, uneven terrain
- Office/field work with computer
- Ability to stoop, kneel and lift to 50 pounds
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.