Skills: Geoscience Technician, Geotechnical Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Geotechnical Technician to join our team in Cambridge, ON.
- Coordinating geotechncial field activities, incluidng Borehole layout, Ontario One Call requests, and geotechncial drilling supervision.
- Conducting various laboratory tests as needed.
- Assisting materials department with conducting field testing of soil and asphalt compaction on construction project sites.
- Obtaining samples from aggregate source pits
- Assisting more senior geotechnical / materials staff on a wide range of site investigations
- Working in both a field and laboratory setting
- Preparation of laboratory and field reports, and other office assignments.
Skills / Qualifications
- Strong workplace safety practices.
- Graduate of a civil or geotechncial engineering / technology program a strong asset.
- Knowledge of utility locate clearances, and geotechncial drilling a strong asset.
- Knowledge of environmental sampling and reporting methods a strong asset.
- Ability to lift objects and move equipment up to 22.5 kg and participate in a high mobility environment.
- Valid drivers license and personal vehicle.
- Well organized, interested in technical and personal advancement, self - initiator, able to carry out assignments with minimal supervision
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.