Skills: Geoscience Technician, Software Specialist
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Geotechnical & Materials Testing Technician to join our team in Sarnia, ON.
- Coordination of geotechnical site investigations, including borehole layout, utility clearances, and geotechncial/envirnmental drill rig supervision.
- Conducting various laboratory tests on asphalt, aggregate, and concrete; must be certified or eligible for certification with CCIL considered an asset.
- Conducting field testing of soil and asphalt compaction on construction project sites.
- Conducting field testing of concrete including the testing of air and slump, and the casting of concrete cylinders.
- Obtaining samples from aggregate source pits
- Assisting more senior geotechnical / materials staff on a wide range of site investigations
- Working in both a field and laboratory setting
- Preparation of laboratory and field reports, and other office assignments
Skills / Qualifications
- Strong workplace safety practices
- Graduate of a civil or geotechncial engineering / technology program a strong asset
- Knowledge of various test procedures for concrete, asphalt, compaction and laboratory methods an asset, but not required
- Knowledge of environmental sampling and reporting methods an asset
- Ability to lift objects and move equipment up to 22.5 kg and participate in a high mobility environment
- Valid drivers license and personal vehicle
- Well organized, interested in technical and personal advancement, self - initiator, able to carry out assignments with minimal supervision
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.