Skills: CAD / CAM, Civil Engineering, Drafting
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Halifax, Canada
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Senior Drafting Technologist to join our team in Halifax, Nova Scotia or St. John, Newfoundland.
In this role, you will:
- Assist in planning structural system for variety of aboveground and underground structures;
- Develop and implement designs and drawings of structures from preliminary concepts and sketches;
- Follow restricted CADD standards for variety of clients .
- Work in collaboration with other departments and disciplines including Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical and Civil;
- Ability to work remotely with structural team members within other offices;
- Provide directions and supervision for junior CADD operators;
- Prepare cost and material estimates;
- Conduct structural inspections and/or technical investigations;
- Perform other technical functions in support of structural department.
Skills / Qualifications
- A Technologist or Engineering degree of Civil Engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience (structural drafting, design experience for steel and concrete structures);
- Experience with both AutoCAD and Microstation is a must;
- Working knowledge of BIM, REVIT or other 3D drafting software (asset);
- Excellent knowledge of Canadian Steel Design Handbook, Concrete Design Handbooks and Ontario Building Code;
- Team player;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.