Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Wood is providing construction materials testing services and site inspectors for a number of projects in Newfoundland & Labrador, including projects local to St. John's, as well as remote project sites throughout the province. We are currently recruiting New Graduate and/or Junior, Civil Technologists/Technicians to join our construction materials testing team for these projects.
T his is an exciting opportunity for candidates looking to develop their career in the Construction Materials T echnician field on world class projects.
Candidates may be required to mobilize to project locations around the province on a rotation basis. Mobilization costs to and from the site and project accommodations will be provided.
Key responsibilities :
- Attaining CCIL certification for concrete testing;
- Conducting laboratory/field tests and inspections and reporting test results for soils, concrete, and asphalt;
- Communicating effectively within a laboratory/field team environment;
- Microsoft office proficient;
- Report writing;
- Calibrating, maintaining and repairing testing equipment; and
- Adhering to all Site Safety Absolutes and working safely in accordance with Wood and Site Health and Safety programs.
Skills / Qualifications
- C andidates must be enrolled in or have completed academic training in a Civil Technology program or equivalent and or can demonstrate they have the knowledge and experience to perform the work.
- Candidates must have a valid driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and must be able to pass regular Drug and Alcohol and Fitness screening as required for project access.
- Candidates must be proficient in English (verbal and written).
- T he fitness requirements for this position must be adequate to meet the following physical demands. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, sit, or walk for long periods of time, and they must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee will be required to stoop, kneel and crouch. Specific vision abilities include close vision and color vision. Work environment may include both laboratory and construction site and various weather conditions.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.