Skills: Offshore Position Surveying, Surveying
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure is seeking a Survey Party Chief to join our team in North Carolina. Wood has an established survey practice in the Carolina's and is looking for Survey Party Chiefs to support our strong backlog of work. Key responsibilities include survey data collection, working with the Geomatics services managers amd projet managers to acheive department goals, trainining of field crews and providing QC and QA on geomatics deliverables.
Project related responsibilities include all facets of surveying projects:
- Collection of deed data for boundary surveys
- Establish project control monumentation
- Collection of topographic information for 3d mapping
- Aid in the preparation of cost and time estimates for survey proposals.
- Daily coordination with various engineers for collection of requested data.
- Site inspection
Skills / Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Computer skills and technical competence.
- Commitment to work with other sections and divisions of Amec Foster Wheeler.
- 5 years of survey experience.
- Valid driver's license.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to travel
- Utility locating expereince preferred
- Performing work in a variety of climate conditions including hot and cold weather climates.
- Requires the use of hand held equipment.
- Must be able to work in a field environment and have the ability to travel as required.
- Working on several jobs simultaneously.
- Maintain good client relations.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.