Field Service Engineer - Christmas Tree (XT) Controls, Kakinada, India PURPOSE OF POSITION
To provide and deliver an exceptional service with the highest possible safety standards to both onshore and offshore facilities with the chance to support service teams across regions, globally. The role is responsible for making technical decisions that directly impact the relevant projects safety record, schedule and operation. Typically measured in Lost Time Incidents and or Non-Productive Time (per/hour) RESPONSIBILITIES
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- Safe and Compliant performance on all matters and or targets required by internal and external stakeholders regarding the Environment, Health and Safety (EHS)
- Active participation in all safety related initiatives on/offshore
- Involvement in Baker Hughes Subsea Controls component manufacture and testing, e.g; Extended Factory Acceptance, Site Integration Testing and Site Receive Tests
- Installation and Maintenance of GE subsea controls equipment involving but not limited to;
- Hydraulic Power Units, Work Over Control Systems, Electrical Test Units, Electrical/Hydraulic Flying Leads, Subsea Control Modules etc.
- Resolution of technical problems both on/offshore and pro-active involvement in product improvement
- Work closely with Project and Engineering teams to meet deadlines set
- Maintaining Baker Hughes high expectation of working with uncompromising
- Integrity to ensure 100% compliance with regulatory requirements
- Use of company e-tools to retrieve technical documents when required
- Maintaining a strong customer relationship through a positive proactive and professional approach
The role requires technical decision-making ability based on appropriate competency level during each project.
All engineering issues will be documented and passed through typically to the Integrated Services Lead (ISL) before distributed to Engineering and or Management for review and resolution by Baker Hughes Onshore Services. The Client is informed all the way along the process with regular contact by the same. POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Technically astute with demonstrable exposure to Christmas Tree (XT) control systems
- Ideally minimum of 8 years' experience with Hydraulic and or Electrical/Software scopes working in a deep-water offshore environment
- Ideally a minimum of Higher National Certificate or similar in a relevant Engineering or Hydraulic/Electrical/Software discipline
- Proven ability to interface with Customers on a one-to-one basis
- Ability to travel at short notice and to global locations
- Strong communication skills, fluent in English written and verbal, excellent PC literacy
- Ability to work under pressure in stressful environments
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.