Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Tallahassee, Florida, United States
Wood is currently seeking a dynamic and innovative individual to fill the role of Mechanical Engineer in our Tallahassee office.
- Serve as a engineer for detailed design projects, scope development projects, and studies for industrial clients in pulp and paper, chemical, cement, and power industries.
- Conduct engineering assessments on equipment such as tanks, pressure vessels, pumping systems, etc.
- Perform engineering calculations associated with pumps, pressure vessels, tanks, piping, pipe supports, etc.
- Field surveys of equipment and piping systems at industrial plants.
- Prepare process flow diagrams (PFDs), piping and instrument diagrams (P&IDs), general arrangement drawings, detailed piping and pipe support drawings, and detailed mechanical drawings.
- Complete engineering tasks consistent with a working knowledge of design codes such as ASME, API, OSHA, NFPA, and ASTM.
- Interface with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), vendors, and contractors.
- Compile and present results of engineering studies through customer meeting presentations and milestone project reports.
- Engineer in this position will work on several engineering projects simultaneously.
- Strong commitment to company's safety program; follow company safety standards, site safety standards and maintain safe workplace practices
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. or advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of related experience preferred, entry level candidates will be considered
- Valid driver's license.
- Working knowledge of ASME Section VIII, ASME B31.1, ASME B31.3, API 650, and API 620 codes (preferred).
- Must be computer proficient with working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and AutoCAD. AutoCAD Plant 3D experience is a plus.
- Must have ability and willingness to complete detailed drawings in AutoCAD.
- Self-motivated work ethic.
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company's driving (MVR) policy
- Candidates must be physically fit enough to climb ladders and stairs in industrial plants.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required .
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.