Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, Safety Officer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. (Wood) has an opportunity available for an E nvironmental Health and Safety Professional to support our private sector, local, state and federal clients. This position will report to our Nashville, Tennessee office. but the employee can be located in AL, TN, or MS.
Wood, a renowned global program management, engineering and environmental consulting and construction firm, is seeking highly motivated individuals to work in our Environmental Services and Compliance practice. Wood is looking for outstanding candidates with strong credentials and a passion for client service, who enjoy working for a team.
The candidate will provide technical evaluation and implementation for various health and safety programs and deliverables, including industrial hygiene programs. The candidate must be an accountable self-starter with an ability to work independently and support project teams. This position provides an excellent opportunity for growth and professional development.
Provides services to clients in the areas of:
- Health & Safety (H&S) Programs
- Industrial Hygiene
- Technical assistance with safety regulatory programs in various industries
- Provide in-house and external EH&S training
- Other related EH&S programs
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Policy, Science, Engineering or related field required; Master's Degree desirable
- 5+ years of experience in environmental/safety consulting, with emphasis on health and safety compliance
- Professional certification, such as CIH or CSP, is highly desirable
- Ability to work independently and interface with clients
- Demonstrated task and project management skills
- Demonstrated maturity in judgment, initiative and client relations
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver's license and insurable driving record
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- Travel is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.