The technical and operations supervisor will be the Company representative in the field. They will serve as the focal point in the field for communication with the Contractor and with the Company.
This role is a 6+ week project supporting operatoins in Tioga County, PA.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in Onshore geophysical operations.
- The proposed personal must have 2D/3D Seismic operations QC supervisory capacity in both seismic data quality and operation management.
- Strong experience in with explosive seismic sources.
- Proven record of experience in forest areas.
- Strong knowledge of land seismic data processing is required.
- Demonstrable strong HSE background.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) training is desirable.
- Experience in Project area is a plus.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure the compliance of the contract signed between the seismic contractor and Company.
- Collaborate during test parameter definition. QC results. Assure data and report delivery within the expected quality and timing.
- Monitor survey methods to ensure that line positioning is within required accuracies and in agreement with programmed pre-plot locations.
- Monitor line clearance work to ensure that all crew personnel have safe access to the seismic lines and that acceptable clearance lead is maintained.
- Ensure that source arrays are accurately positioned and that (if applicable) shot holes are loaded and tamped to the required depth.
- Maintain a log of explosives consumption and perform periodic stock checks.
- Ensure that all field data acquisition parameters are strictly adhered to the project plan and contract.
- Ensure that receiver arrays are accurately laid out and geophones are firmly planted and well buried.
- Review periodic instrument tests (daily, weekly, and monthly), to ensure that the recording system is functioning to the manufacturer's specifications. Monitor geophone and cable tests to ensure that they meet contractual standards and that a rotational schedule of maintenance is being observed. Keep records of all QC data.
- Review daily and periodic tests and ensure that each unit is operating within contractual standards.
- Verify the integrity of the seismic/positioning data merge.
- Review processing flows used on in-field data processing system to ensure that a proper daily QC control is made, and optimum quality seismic sections are being produced in a timely fashion for QC purposes.
- Ensure all field and necessary support data is delivered to the processing centre as stated in the contract. Maintain a log of all data shipments, particularly magnetic tapes, and advise Company of any delays in the dispatch of material which may adversely affect the processing of the data.
- Advise Company of any infractions of safety standards and assist (if required) in investigation of any accident or near-miss.
- Ensure that all working practices are environmentally acceptable and follow the seismic agreement between Repsol and the state agencies PNDI and DCNR.
- Monitor interaction between Contractor and Subcontractor during field operations (meeting minutes, documented procedures, site/crew HSE plan) and ensure Subcontractors understand Company contract requirements prior to start the operations.
- Maintain detailed records of all production figures from the seismic crew and agree these daily with the Party Manager such that they can be reconciled against Seismic Contractor's monthly invoices.
- Produce and deliver daily the acquisition report with all relevant information (daily/weekly/monthly production, standby time, general view on crew performance, supporting subcontractor's status, community activities, etc.) and combining input from Company Supervisors team (HSE, Processing, Permitting, etc.)
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.