Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Discovery Analyst for an 8 month contract in Calgary, AB. Position Description:
Reporting to the Manager of Legal Operations, the Discovery Analyst will work closely with the Team Lead and other Discovery Analyst(s) to gather, organize and deliver electronic information and data from across the organization to internal clients and external parties in a manner that is defensible, proportionate and cost effective.
Qualified candidates will have experience in electronic information management, eDiscovery or litigation support, and the full EDRM life cycle. The successful candidate will bring a positive attitude and thrive working in a fast-paced, high performing environment. Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will work both independently and with various stakeholders and teams to fulfill specific responsibilities which include:
Qualifications and Education/Experience
- Liaise with legal counsel, paralegals, custodians and other internal or external stakeholders to plan, organize and manage multiple discovery-related preservation and collection projects utilizing appropriate technology options for the identification, collection, staging or packaging of structured and loose data.
- Collect and process data from various enterprise sources to industry standards and troubleshoot issues as required.
- Maintain accurate and current documentation of all aspects of discovery projects such as collection tracking, technical specifications, search criteria, chain of custody and communications.
- Support clients with database creation and preparation for document review including creation of coding panels and workspace folders and installation of privileged and responsive terms. Provide review and production workflow support as required while actively initiating innovative and best practice approaches.
- Prepare electronic productions to industry standards, including exporting and load file creation; importing incoming productions; and, securely transferring data to external parties as required.
- Provide support and training as needed on discovery workflows, processes and systems while providing ongoing feedback and contribution to process improvements.
- Participate in and/or coordinate various Legal Operations initiatives or projects. Support testing and validation during discovery system upgrades and perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience and thorough understanding of the litigation and eDiscovery workflow processes including the full EDRM, associated protocols and related applications.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in hands-on data preservation and collection tasks from Office 365, network file shares, workstations, and other data storage locations.
- Experience supporting document review and production workflows including managed document review. Experience liaising with various stakeholders such as legal counsel, paralegals, custodians and service providers.
- Litigation Support and/or Paralegal experience is desirable.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage complex projects/tasks involving various internal and external teams, processes and technologies.
- Proven ability to manage client expectations with timely and accurate communication and reports.
- Agile, self-motivated and quick learner, able to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, effective multi-tasking skills, ability to prioritize competing responsibilities and manage several projects simultaneously in high-stakes and demanding environment.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify and act on continuous improvements to policies, procedures and processes.
- Exceptional inter-personal and communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to effectively communicate legal and technical information to different audiences.
- Completion of a recognized eDiscovery study program or achievement of eDiscovery designation such as ACEDS.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in litigation, eDiscovery and related areas, including experience with managing the full EDRM lifecycle for litigation and experience in responding to discovery requests.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in an eDiscovery role preserving and collecting data from Office 365, network file shares, Workstations, and other data storage locations.
- Complex and cross-border litigation experience is desirable.
- Strong technical knowledge of eDiscovery applications, Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office applications, network storage, and other technical enterprise-level resources.
- Experience with eDiscovery applications such as OpentText Axcelerate (or other Tier 1 eDiscovery applications), Office 365 Advanced eDiscovery, and Legal Hold Pro (or other automated legal hold system), Celebrite (or other mobile device analysis tool) is desirable.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.