Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
FIELD OPERATIONS (IDD EL-SHARGI)
Primary Purpose of Job
Provide technical support related to equipment maintenance, repairs and shutdowns, to improve overall reliability. Plan and execute onshore overhauls and repairs at third-party workshops in support of offshore mechanical maintenance team.
Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Experience & Skills
Must have a good understanding of design, operation and maintenance of rotating equipment. A good understanding of other static equipment maintenance is necessary. Experienced and skilled in RCFA and lube oil analysis.
• Knowledge of ASTM, ASME and API technical codes.
• Able to read and understand system maps and process P&ID's.
• Understanding of fluid flow, piping design, distributed control systems (DCS), SCADA design and process control basics.
• Working knowledge of SAP Plant Maintenance Module.
• Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Good presentation, communication, and written skills.
• Shall be fit enough to pass QP's Offshore Medical Fitness examination and be able to work offshore if required.
Experience: 10+ years of offshore oil and gas equipment maintenance.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa