Company: NES Fircroft
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Finance Specialist for a 1-year contract in Calgary, AB. The position will be working remotely from home, but candidates must be local to Calgary.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the financial closing processes and reporting of all Sales Transactions and Contractual service agreements in Canada. This position reports into the TPS Canada Services Finance Manager.
The candidate will have the following responsibilities:
• Provide overall financial analytics and support to Services Canada. Drive simplification efforts and work closely with finance team to ensure accurate financial reporting and develop operational visibility into financial performance.
• Present/review project financials with TPS product line Operations/Finance at least twice monthly to ensure accurate financial reporting; make accruals / Manual JEs as required.
• Be responsible for review and accuracy of local GL and validate legal entity / product line.
• Review inventory and Estimated Cost Accrued (ECA) for the projects.
• Play a key role in the financial closing and ensure close cooperation and coordination with finance team.
• Responsible for monthly/quarterly assigned account reconciliations.
• Ensure close cooperation and coordination with the Contractual services agreements (CSA) project managers and project controllers for the accurate update of CSA Deferred templates (DT).
• Comply with necessary regulations in the reporting process using knowledge of applicable Statutory and GAAP reporting requirements. Support internal/external audits.
• Responsible for creating and processing closing journal entries in general ledger like calculating and booking revenue and cost liquidation.
• Participate in simplification projects focused on improving (financial) processes / performance and system usage
• Generate and enhance routine reports that meet client business needs by conducting thorough needs assessment with business stakeholders.
• Flexibly respond to client ad-hoc requests for customized data and reports.
• Bachelor finance/Business Administration or equivalent from an accredited college or university
• At least 1-2 years of progressive finance experience in a complex environment.
• Established analytical and project management ability
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ambitious, pro-active, high-energy, positive attitude and team player
• Flexible, stress resilient and ability to meet deadlines while maintaining the highest standards of quality
• Fluent in English
• Excel skills: Advanced
• Currently pursuing professional designation or completed (CPA, CGA, CMA, MBA, CA) preferred
• Knowledge SAP/Oracle/HFM systems preferred
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.