Design Engineer - Services SupportDo you enjoy enhancing the performance and reliability of essential equipment?Do you like working in collaborative teams and solving technical problems?
Be part of a successful team
Bringing cutting-edge physical and digital technologies together to create oilfield equipment is the beating heart of our work. Devising smarter systems that control and monitor oil and gas extraction, our subsea and flexible pipe capabilities are industry leading. Our team provides support for customer operations to ensure continuity for production.
Partner with the best
This role is responsible for activities relating to enhancing services such as customer data, maintenance, safety, etc.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing Service design concepts based on user needs
- Evaluating system and component performance and reporting results
- Defining allocation to subsystems based on refinement of the design concept with SME in subsystems.
- Conducting field visits when required for investigation and troubleshooting. Traveling to major maintenance facilities supporting failure analysis and introduction of new services
- Developing new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations.
- Delivering products as part of a team. Working on cross functional teams.
- Leading analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods.
- Writing and reviewing procedures (New installation, maintenance & troubleshooting), doing calculations, drawings, tilts studies and RCA's.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a bachelor's degree of mechanical engineering or its equivalent
- Have at least 10+ years of design experience in surface wellhead & gate valves
- Demonstrate proven experience in mechanical engineering for Pressure Control equipment.
- Have experience in Supporting Field operations in terms of engineering
- Demonstrate experience in working in projects with global teams
- Be able to show excellent problem-solving, process improvement and analytical skills
- Be a motivated self-starter that promotes teamwork and collaboration in a cross-functional environment
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
• Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help
you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
• Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
• Comprehensive private medical care options
• Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
• Tailored financial programs
• Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.