Commercial Application Engineer Nexus ?ontrolsJoin Our Digital Solutions Team
For more than a century, Nexus Controls, a Baker Hughes business, has partnered with customers worldwide providing world-class industrial automation, controls system, and safety system solutions across a wide variety of industrial applications.
Our global Commercial Team is responsible for shaping new business, developing strategy, maintaining customer relationships and ensuring customer needs are exceeded.Partner with the best
Accelerate your career as a Commercial Application Engineer for the fast-growing Nexus Controls, a Baker Hughes business. The position offers those with a strong technical background to further enhance that skill set while learning the commercial side of the business also. Our Commercial Operations team works with the region sales team to develop a complete technical and commercial solution for our customers.
As a Commercial Application Engineer Nexus Controls, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Developing technical and commercial Nexus Controls solution proposals around primarily the process controls for industrial applications. Any experience with DCS/BOP & PLC systems will be considered.
- Reviewing and influenceing customer specifications to assure compliance and/or noted exceptions for the development of the hardware and software portion of the quotation.
- Supporting and providing specific project proposal support to Europe regional Sales teams as necessary, including strategy, RFQ review/analysis, technical scoping, costing and proposal development as necessary to grow industrial process controls business.
- Providing commercialization support of existing and developing hardware and software products, including joint site visits, sales calls and seminars.
- Working closely with sales team to develop opportunities, formulate and present Nexus Controls solutions to customers and close deals.
- Providing potential hardware and service package solutions to provide most costs effective, technically appropriate solution to meet/exceed the customer's needs.
- Making technical presentations to all levels of customer's organization.
- Assisting in developing engineering and installation workscopes, schedules and cost estimates to facilitate total scope project offerings.
- Contributing to and leverage existing technical library of source materials related to industry applications, system configurations / hardware, design standards, etc. to provide timely technical information.
- Assisting with the evaluation of commercial and technical risk within the Inquiry to Order (ITO) process.
- Contributing to individual deal strategies to drive both price and hit rate.
- Providing technical support to execution teams to ensure successful projects.
- Contributing positively to regional sales, orders, profitability, and ITO quality goals.
To be successful in this role you will have:
Work in a way that works for you
- Extensive (greater than 4 years) application/design knowledge of process controls in energy or industrial industries/applications.
- Ability and willingness to travel between 10% and 15% for short customer meetings and opportunity development.
- Fluent in the English language and at least one other main European language. Spanish, French and Russian of particular advantage.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Proven experience in a commercial role responsible for analyzing, translating & completing complex bids/proposals.
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate complex information in a simplified fashion.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills - ability to effectively influence and negotiate with all levels of people
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to simultaneously manage multiple bids/projects.
- Financially & commercially astute - a strong understanding of contracts, business financials and reporting, commercial trades, logistics, incoterms and pricing.
- Experience in developing and writing specifications and/or proposals.
- Positive, mature, can-do approach to work and to problem solving.
- Results orientated, self-driven individual with passion, drive and energy and ability to influence without authority in a multi-disciplinary, matrixed environment
- Effective use of Personal Computer Technologies. Expertise in Excel. Knowledge of Salesforce an advantage.
- Field service or requisition engineering experience of more than 5 years.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.