London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Chemist, Geologist, Environmental Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Overview / Responsibilities
Are you looking to further your geo-environmental career and increase the breadth and depth of your skills by working alongside key market specialists and blue-chip companies? Wood has an opportunity for an experienced Geo-environmental Assistant Consultant or Consultant within our dynamic and growing organisation, which has a market leading pedigree, with the breadth and scale of projects and specialists to challenge and develop you.
We are looking for a motivated, highly skilled and solution focused person with a geo-environmental background to join and contribute to one of the largest and most successful remediation and ground engineering teams in the UK/Europe. We are seeking to grow our world class team to ensure we continue to deliver the high calibre of service and technical excellence both we and our clients expect. We are involved in many key projects of regional and national significance, which we deliver alongside our core UK and global framework projects.
This role would be based in our London, Reading or Bristol office but with travel across UK and overseas for specific projects or longer-term assignments.
- Site based management of ground investigations, including supervision of sub-contractors
- Field work including soil logging and sampling, geotechnical testing, groundwater sampling and ground gas monitoring
- Data collation, review and interpretation
- Preparation of factual and interpretative desk study and ground investigation reports
- Ensuring that all work is delivered in line with procedures and processes and to the highest quality and safety, health and environmental standards
Skills / Qualifications
- Relevant technical degree e.g. geology, engineering, chemistry or environmental science
- A higher degree in contaminated land, engineering geology, environmental science, hydrogeology, geotechnical engineering or similar, is desirable
- Working towards Chartership with a relevant institution
- Knowledge of the requirements in planning, designing and management of contaminated land and geotechnical ground investigations
- Working knowledge of CDM Regulations and their application to safe design and implementation of ground investigations
- Understanding of the land contamination regime within the UK with regard to current and future use of a site, development planning, environmental permitting and due diligence
- Understanding of the risk-based approach to the assessment of land contamination
- Report writing including presenting complex technical information in a concise and accurate manner
- Data handling, including experience in the use of GIS/QGIS is desirable
- Communicate effectively, listen and engage, including communicating technical information effectively
- Ability to innovate and develop in your technical area and to continually seek to improve performance in all aspects of your role
- Work collaboratively within a team and provide mentoring to develop colleagues
- Flexibility to work across the UK and overseas for specific projects or longer-term assignments
- A full UK driving licence is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.