Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Norwich, England, United Kingdom
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our clients team in Norwich. The role will be part of the project delivery process and will require a self-motivated candidate to actively manage scope and interfaces inside and outside of the company. This position will report to a Project Manager and will be accountable to deliver discreet scopes of work, which will be varied in their extent.
The role requires the Project Engineer to work closely with the companies project team, requiring thorough review of engineering based documents and where necessary, seek clarifications prior to approval with either contractor or company personnel.
The role will include the management of the site and technical query process, ensuring that all queries are directed to the responsible party for timely reply. In addition to this, the Project Engineer will manage packages of work, which may include fabric maintenance coordination, vendor coordination, solving technical queries with support of contractors and the internal technical team.
The successful individual will need to organise and plan work they are assigned to ensure efficient execution. The Project Engineer will also at times be required to have delegated responsibility as Project Manager, as well as the requirement to actively participate in the project planning process and seeking improvements to schedule wherever possible.
Key responsibilities include
• Review technical specifications for project deliverables, liaising closely with company Technical and Contractors Specialists
• Provide management of change development support and documentation as required
• Support the Project Manager in delivering weekly, monthly reports
• Support the Project Manager by owning and solving issues/problems to conclusion
• Act as Project Manager when delegation is required
• Support engineering activities and provide technical support as required
• Support construction activities and provide guidance and support as required
• Develop and maintain close working relationships with engineering Contractor as well as internal operations, operations support and Engineering teams in delivery
• Ensure that any lessons learnt during the project are captured and shared within the organisation as appropriate
• Promote safe design, working practices and procedures in all aspects of work performed and managed
• Look for and implement opportunities to improve project performance
• Be prepared to work at either companies Norwich Office base, Contractors engineering office or onshore/offshore site as necessary
• Interrogation of companies maintenance management system (Maximo)
• Minimum of 4 years' experience in a project engineering role
• Minimum of a BEng or BSc Degree, with an Engineering Discipline background
• A proven track record of performing Project Engineer supporting design, engineering and construction activities within the oil and gas or petro-chemical industry in an operating, design or engineering organisation
• Excellent team working skills and a strong communicator with the ability to interact with personnel at all levels, using a variety of influencing skills to avoid conflict and arrive at the best overall outcome from a HSE and business perspective
• Good time management skills and an ability to plan and organise work activities and the required resources
• Able to proactively apply previous lessons learnt
• Able to recognise risks and hazards
• Open mindedness and the ability to challenge conventional methods of working, examine multiple options and select the preferred solution
• An enthusiastic approach with a willingness to learn and develop best in class working relationships with contractors and employees
Beneficial additional skills:
• Working experience at any of the clients UK sites
• Awareness of health, safety and environmental legislation
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.